Prerequisites for making San Diego Team for 2016 Team Tourney. Any of the following qualifications will make a player eligible for team play:
Open Division (5 players)
- Have a 1000+ player rating or above
- Finish in the top three Open players in the 2016 Course Championship
- Win two Open division Morley Monthlies in the current year having shot a two round cumulative round of -20 or better.
- Win three Open division Morley Monthlies in the current year.
- Win an Open position in the year end grinder competition. Winner of the Course Championship Amateur is qualified for grinder play. All other competitors must be San Diego County based open division players only.
Masters Division (4 players)
- Have a player rating of 980+
- Finish the top Masters age player in the course championship
- Win a PDGA A tier event in the Pro Masters division the current year
- Win 2 B tier PDGA events in the Masters division in the current year
- Win a Masters position in the year end grinder competition
Grandmaster Division (2 players)
- Have a player rating of 960+
- Win an A tier PDGA event in the Pro GM in the current year
- Win a GM position in the year end grinder.
Women’s Division (1 player)
- Winner of the current years course championship if not a PDGA Women’s pro player will receive highest consideration and will be eligible to compete against selected PDGA Women’s Pro candidates.
- This division is the most problematic to pick a candidate since we have so few women competing. Any interested women should make their desires known to anyone in the pro shop and we will try to arrange a Women’s grinder if necessary.